Avengers vs. Ultron Event and Connection issues

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
Hey all,

Our servers are experiencing higher than normal volume and it's causing a few hiccups. Some users are seeing connection issues. We are currently investigating the issue and will report back here when the issue have been addressed.

Thank you for your understanding.

UPDATE 12:50 ET 04/24/15: The engineers are have done their magic and users should start to be able to play the game normally again. It may take some time for the issues to propagate to all users, however.
UPDATE 3:23 ET 04/24/15: I just wanted to let you all know that we are still looking into it. We currently do not have an ETA but we will continue to look at it until it is addressed. I will update this thread as I learn of any new developments.
UPDATE 4:19 ET 04/24/15: It looks like people are starting to get online. We identified an issue with the database when it is hit suddenly by ALOT of people. We are going to look into it for the future, but the servers are starting to normalize now. There may be some lingering hiccups here and there but it should remain to get constantly better.
UPDATE 5:32 ET 04/24/15: We need to put out some fixes to our servers to completely address the issue. This, unfortunately, takes some time. We are putting out the fixes as I write this .

Comments

• EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Sheesh what did you expect when you run a NEW PVE alliance locked and with no time slices?? Omg.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Wow, this is really bad. I spent almost $400 bucks last night, gearing up for this event....
  • I think Ultron is behind this, he does not want us to defeat him.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I think its fair to say that the event caused more of a draw than was expected. I understand its hard to test these scenarios in a pre-release environment.

good luck fixing the issue.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    The engineers are have done their magic and users should start to be able to play the game normally again. It may take some time for the issues to propagate to all users, however.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still nothing.. unable to connect
  • yendi
    yendi Posts: 29
    Anthony, help us out here. What does "some time" mean. Half an hour? Half a day? If we knew, we'd at least stop checking constantly.

And what's the plan to handle PVP and Simulator events that have been thrown off by this?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a half day just for this event.... ugh
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    The engineers are have done their magic and users should start to be able to play the game normally again. It may take some time for the issues to propagate to all users, however.

Lies! I still have no events.
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    I guess we'll get it when we get it.

*sigh*
  • Seems to still be an ongoing issue. Just played 15 minutes no problem and than its offline again.
    I trust that it will stable soon enough icon_e_smile.gif Just be a bit more patient.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    No change for me... connection issues persist after force closing, rebooting.
  • Once the top end alliances finish the whole event they'll stop playing and the rest of us can start playing.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's all over the place. I got the "check internet connection" for a while, then I got in and played for a couple rounds, then I had no events on the tabs and that's where I am now. icon_lol.gif I'm not even mad. I'm going to work for a while, hopefully it will get fixed right when I'm ready to play again. :shrug:
  • Kilwrath
    Kilwrath Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Still no change, I can get into the game but I have no events.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    They should send Ultron packing until the rest of us finish the Simulator, at least. I feel my Iron Man Mk40 window slipping away...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    I understand the server issue but this is screwing up my simulator standings. It's about to end and I am close to the top in the rankings. This means the difference between meaningful rewards. I hope there is something to rectify this situation.

My app loads up fast but with only the prologue story. Everything else is gone. I'm a little nervous about everything not restoring
  • As of right now I'm still having the issue. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Still no game play for me..
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kcman13 wrote:
    I understand the server issue but this is screwing up my simulator standings. It's about to end and I am close to the top in the rankings. This means the difference between meaningful rewards. I hope there is something to rectify this situation.

Yeah, I took a late lunch to get the last hour in my time slice for Simulator, but it's still down for me. I think I should at least stay Top 150, but we shall see...